willeventuallybecomecurrent.blogspot.com

Friday, May 9, 2014

Lack of Empathy vs. Lack of Sympathy

Lack of Empathy vs. Lack of Sympathy

This is going to come up eventually so i'll address it now.

Let it be known that a lack of sympathy is not a lack of empathy. 
I appreciate individuals and all of the materials that comprise them, just not the materialism that engulfs them.

To put it bluntly, feeling sympathetic for someone who has poured the entirety of their resources into achieving more material resources just seems like a vicious cycle designed to repeat itself until there eventually ceases to be any others working. 

While showing empathy is important in scenarios where it is merited, sympathy is something that is rarer to come across for me and thus I say , "I Have No Sympathy" but of course, it's not that I Have Zero Sympathy, it's just that i'm having fun.

Sympathy is incredibly important and the inability to Sympathize is not strictly characteristic of someone who cannot empathize but it is implicating. 

I'd get that checked out if I were you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment